As the world is celebrating the 100th International Women’s Day, in the Middle East, thousands of women are victims of trafficking everyday. Sadly, their situation remains unknown or ignored by the majority.
So please, take a look at the facts, and help us BREAK THE SILENCE TODAY and BRING THEIR DIGNITY BACK.
DID YOU KNOW THAT?
- Between 2003-2007, 4,000 Iraqi women went missing, 1/5 of whom is under 18
- Tens of thousands of Iraqi girls and women are trafficked internally and internationally into the sex trade
- Iraqi women are trafficked mainly to Syria, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates and the Gulf countries
- Traffickers reportedly sell girls as young as 11, for as $30,000
- Some traffickers have the girls operated on in severe conditions, whereby the hymen is sewn up, so the girls can be sold as virgins again
- It has been reported that some girls and women are kidnapped, drugged and forced to have sex with between 10 and 15 men every day
- Trafficked women and victims of sexual violence often find themselves in jail, while authorities ignore their exploiters and the society rejects them
TAKE ACTION TODAY ON WOMEN’S INTERNATIONAL DAY AND SIGN UP TO STOP WOMEN TRAFFICKING!